If you’re in the woodworking business and looking to get the job done, then you’d need a proper table saw to efficiently do your work. And if your job requires you to move from place to place, then wouldn’t it be handy to have a portable table saw?
We have 5 table saws that we recommend to the hardworking woodworker. These table saw are portable and are loaded with features that will make your work a whole lot easier.
Before looking at these 5 table saws, we must know what qualities to look for in our table saw.
A table saw’s fence is a safety feature as well as mechanism that will greatly improve your cutting accuracy. A table saw’s fence must be adjustable for your convenience; however it must also be sturdy enough to bind the wood in place. A loose fence is a dangerous fence.
Is the blade tiltable? A tiltable blade allows you to cut wood at a certain angle. This is extremely important when doing bevel cuts.
Dust and wood chunks are really annoying to have around your work area. If your table saw has a dust-collecting feature, then your cleanup is technically reduced by half.
Table saws are statistically one of the most dangerous pieces of equipment in the work shop, so having a lot of safety features is a must.
There are many safety features that come with the table saw. We suggest you check them out and test their quality and reliability before choosing a table saw.
The DeWalt DWE7491RS features a 10 inch Jobsite Table Saw. The table saw has a 32.5-inch rip capacity. It has a rolling stand with a rack and pinion fence system. This allows for smooth, fast and accurate adjustments. It’s powered by a 15-amp motor which will rip through hardwood as if it were paper.
The DeWalt DWE7491RS has many other features as well; these features are listed below.
- The table saw features a powerful 15-amp motor
- The table saw features a rack and pinion fence system.
- The table saw features a rolling stand for added portability
- The table saw features an easy to set design
- The table saw features a 2 inch dust collection port
- It has a weight of 110 pounds
- It has an overall dimension of 31 x 24.5 x 31 inches
- It has a voltage of 120 volts
- Comes with multiple items and accessories
- It has a 3-year limited warranty
- It is very portable. The table saw features a rolling stand which can be folded. It’s easy to set up and easy to breakdown
- The table saw features a 15-amp motor which cuts through wood like paper. The powerful motor will ensure that you can work fast and in an efficient manner
- The table saw features a 2 inch dust collection port. The port can be connected to a vacuum cleaner to ensure a clean and efficient dust extraction
- The table saw comes with a Jobsite Table Saw, a 10-inch carbide blade, a push stick, a rolling stand and a miter gauge
- The table saw has a rack and pinion fence system which allows for smoother, faster and more accurate work
- It has a 32.5-inch rip capacity which is capable of cutting large pieces of wood
- The table saw features a limited 3-year warranty
- The table saw is made by DeWalt, one of the leading manufacturers of industrial power tools and accessories. This table saw is high quality
This table saw comes at a hefty price. The price tag alone is enough to discourage you from buying this product.
The DeWalt DWE7491RS comes at a hefty price but it is money well spent. This table saw is oozing with quality and it contains tons of interesting and useful features. One of its most prominent features is its rolling stand, which allows for greater mobility and portability.
We highly recommend the DeWalt DWE7491RS. If you want a high-quality table saw in exchange for a high price, then you should probably get the DeWalt DWE7491RS.
The Bosch 4100-09 is an innovative and precise table saw. It was designed with many amazing features that will make woodworking a whole lot easier. It features a smart guard system that has protective features like its anti-kickback mechanism. The mechanism ensures that you have better control of the table saw. It also ensures an optimal line of sight for efficient and more convenient work.
The Bosch 4100-09 is very portable. It has a retractable stand which is easy to set up and easy to put down. The table saw also has wheels for a more mobile workstation. It also has many other features as well.
- The table saw features a gravity-rise wheeled stand
- Specifically designed for portability and convenience
- Features 25-inch wide cutting table handles
- Features high-precision cutting blades
- Blade speed of 3,650 rpm
- It has a weight of 124.2 pounds
- It has an overall dimension of 39 x 29.8 x 21 inches
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- The table saw is very efficient and leaves no part to waste. It has a SquareLock Rip Fence which decreases waste by increasing its cutting trueness
- The table saw has a very large surface for larger and bigger jobs. It has a 29 x 21 ½ inch square tabletop which has a 25 inch rip capacity. It’s great for handling those larger stocks of wood
- The table saw is made from machined aluminum which ensures a more durable and stable table saw. This table saw was meant to take a lot of beating and abuse
- The table saw features a gravity-rise wheeled stand. It has a sturdy design that won’t slip or bulge when taking heavy loads
- It features 8-inch treaded pneumatic wheels that can traverse over most terrain. This table saw is portable, sturdy and very reliable. It’s great to have when doing work on rugged mountain terrain.
- The table saw has a 1-year warranty
The table saw has no side-to-side play at the bearings. This makes the motor housing very loose; it’s a big safety hazard and it could possibly be fatal in the long run.
The Bosch 4100-09 is a high-quality table saw that brings convenience and efficiency to the work area. It was meant to be used while on the move. It can easily be used on rugged terrain like forests and mountains. It’s also designed to last for a very long time.
The only setback it has is its loose motor, which may cause accidents in the long run.
If you want a handy-dandy portable table saw, then you might like the Bosch 4100-09.
The DeWalt DWE7480 is a compact table saw that comes with a Site-Pro Modular Guarding System which allows for tool-free adjustment. It features a rack and pinion fence system that is equipped with telescoping rails that can make smooth, quick and accurate fence adjustments. It has a powerful amp motor that can cut through hardwood with ease. It has adjustable rear feet that allow you to work on uneven surfaces. It also has a 24-tooth carbide blade that is sharp and very durable; the blade can be tilted up to 45 degrees.
The DeWalt DWE7480 is also very lightweight, weighing only 45 pounds. It’s a great table saw to carry around. It also has tons of other features as well.
- Contains a 15 amp motor
- No load speed of 4800 rpm
- Contains 10 inch blades
- Features a 2 1.2 inch dust port
- Weight of 45 pounds and weighs 54.4 pounds with attachments.
- Overall dimension of 25.8 x 26.5 x 13.9 inches.
- Powered by 120 volts.
- Contains tiltable blades. Tilt angle is between 0 to 45 degrees.
- The table saw is lightweight. It weighs only 45 pounds (not including accessories) and can easily be carried around
- The table saw is powered by a 15-amp motor which can easily cut through hardwood
- The table saw allows you to work on uneven surfaces. Its adjustable rear can be placed at certain angles to give you a flat and workable surface
- The table saw has tiltable blades. Blades can be tilted up to 45 degrees. You can easily make bevel cuts when using this table saw
- The table saw features a 2.5-inch dust port. The dust port easily collects and cleans dust from your work area. You may need a vacuum cleaner to use this feature
- The table saw has a 3-year limited warranty
It’s lightweight and can easily be carried around. However, its lack of wheels makes it hard to transport over rugged and rough terrain.
The DeWalt DWE7480 is a small and compact table saw. It is very reliable and has tons of amazing features. The table saw is lightweight and very portable. The saw blades are even tiltable which makes it easy to do bevel cuts. The table saw is also powered by a 15-amp motor that will make quick work of hardwood.
The DeWalt DWE7480 is the real deal. It’s very convenient and will allow you to work in almost any condition. So, if you’re looking for a small, portable and reliable table saw, then you might want to take a look at the DEWALT DWE7480.
The SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 is the first-ever worm-drive table saw. It is powered by a 15-amp dual-field motor which gives it enhanced cutting power. It features a self-aligning rip fence for additional safety. It has a 25 inch rip capacity which allows the cutting of small and medium sized stock.
The SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 is also lightweight and very portable as well. It also has other features as well.
- The first-ever worm-drive table saw
- Powered by a 15-amp motor
- Comes with a lot of accessories
- 25 inch rip capacity
- 3 ½ inch depth
- Contains a self-aligning rip fence
- Has an on-tool storage
- Portable and lightweight
- Weight of 49 pounds
- Overall dimension of 19.9 x 23.4 x 13.4 inches
- The table saw is lightweight and portable. It only weighs 49 pounds and it can be carried like a suitcase. It also has a rubberized padded handle which makes it easier to carry while cushioning your hand
- The table saw was constructed to take the heavy demands of woodworking. It features a die cast aluminum top and a durable steel roll cage. This table saw can withstand extreme temperatures and heavy loads without bending or breaking
- This is the first and only (for now) worm-drive table saw. For those who do not know a worm drive is, it is a gear composition which can achieve very high torques while having controllable speeds
- It’s powered by a 15-amp motor. The motor is powerful enough but when combined with the worm drive, its able to achieve speeds up to 5,300 rpm
- The table saw has a 25 inch rip capacity and a 3 ½ inch depth gauge. It’s very versatile and was designed to cut a wide variety of materials
- The table saw features a self-aligning rip fence that can easily be adjusted to your preference. The rip fence will allow you to make more accurate cuts as well.
- The table saw features an adjustable bevel which allows you to do angled cuts. Cuts can be angled up to 45 degrees
- The table saw features a “STAY TRUE GUARANTEE.” This is simply a fancy way of saying that they will refund the product (with no questions asked) if the customer is not satisfied with it. The warranty period is 180 days
The rip table is small. Working with large materials is very difficult when using it.
The SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 is a small and lightweight table saw. It has a worm drive which makes it very powerful despite its size. However, because it is small, it’s unable to work on very large materials.
You might want the SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 if you often cut small- to medium-sized stock.
The SawStop JSS-MCA is good example of a quality table saw. It’s compact and was designed to be taken wherever the job needs you. The table saw features a “one-turn elevation system” in which the blade can be lowered or raised with just one turn of the hand wheel. It even has a quick-tilt feature which can easily adjust the angle of the blade.
One of its greatest features is its safety system. The blade will automatically stop when it makes contact with your hands. The SawStop JSS-MCA has tons of other features as well.
- Job safety guaranteed
- Features a one-turn elevation system
- Features a quick-tilt system
- Contains a solid T-style fence
- Features an ErgoLock
- Easy collapse feature
- Lightweight and compact
- Easy mobility and portability
- 15-amp motor
- Weight of 178 pounds
- It has an overall dimension of 26.2 x 28.8 x 45 inches
- The SawStop JSS-MCA prides itself as the standard in job safety. It has a very impressive safety mechanism in which the blade will automatically stop once it makes contact with the hands. This is possible because of an electric signal that the blade carries, when it comes contact with anything that interrupts that signal (like human hands), then it automatically stops. After the blade comes to a stop, it will retract and go inside the table saw to avoid further damage. All of this takes place in just a few seconds
- The table saw is very portable and its wheels will allow you to climb up steep slopes
- The table saw is very convenient. It has a one-turn elevation system which allows you to easily adjust the height of the blade
- The table saws blade can be tilted with its quick-tilt feature
- It has an ErgoLock T-style fence which greatly increases the accuracy of your work
- The safety feature is really impressive but anything that can alter the blades signal will automatically make it stop. The table saw needs a better detection system for its saw blades.
The SawStop JSS-MCA is a very safe and a very reliable table saw. It has a lot of features that make it convenient to use. Features like its compressible design and the one-turn elevation system are really a blessing. It even has a high-tech safety feature that prevents amputation by stopping the blade whenever it makes contact with your hands.
Woodworking is a dangerous line of work. And if you value your safety, you might want to consider the SawStop JSS-MCA.
All of these 5 table saws are almost equals when it comes to quality. If you’re choosing which one to buy, then you’d better consider your preferences.
If you’re looking for a safety-oriented table saw, the SawStop JSS-MCA fits the bill.
If you’re looking for something more portable and mobile, then the DeWalt DWE7480 and the SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 are great choices.
And if you’re looking for the best portable table saws that money can buy, then the DeWalt DWE7491RS and the Bosch 4100-09 are viable options.